Four Year Old Program
Four Year Old Program
- For children who will reach the age of 4 by September 1 of the current school.
- There are 2 teachers and a maximum of 16 children in each 4-year-old class.
This program provides further development of educational concepts of the 3′s program in math, science, and literature, as well as social, emotional and physical growth. There are many opportunities for making choices, becoming independent thinkers, and developing confidence. These children have weekly Zoophonics and Spanish lessons, and daily handwriting without tears lessons. We also have family picnics at the beginning and end of the year to promote a sense of community.
Four Year Old Sessions
3 days/week 4 year olds:
Mon/Wed/Fri 9:00-11:30 a.m.
(6A – Kristen / Sarah)
Tue/Thu/Fri 9:00-11:30 a.m.
(5A – Ronda / Susan)
Mon/Wed/Fri 12:30-3:00 p.m.
(7A – Ronda / Susan)
4 days/week 4 year olds:
Mon/Tue/Wed/Thurs 8:45-11:15 a.m.
(6B – Robin / Sarah)
Four Year Old Recent Posts
NAEYC Accredited Preschool
In accredited early childhood programs you will see…
- A healthy and safe environment for children
- Frequent, positive, and warm interactions among teachers and children
- Open communication with parents, who are always welcome visitors in the program
- Respect for cultural diversity and diversity in learning styles
- Good child-teacher ratios in the classes
- Specially trained teachers
- Ongoing professional development
- Planned learning activities and materials appropriate to children’s age and development
- Effective administration
- Ongoing, systematic evaluation
Mayflower is wonderful. I can't think of a better first-school experience than Mayflower preschool. My kids absolutely loved it. The environment at Mayflower was nurturing, fun, casual and learning-friendly. The teachers were amazing. They were educated & experienced...and kind & caring. They were always finding fun and interesting ways to teach the kids the social and academic lessons they needed to prepare them for kindergarten and beyond. Everyday my kids would come home and tell me about the fun things they did. And every week the teachers would give me a summary of what they did, and what they learned from it. (The kids didn't know how much they were learning...but they were learning a lot!) The building is old but cozy and well-kept. (I'd take a nice old school with history and a big heart over a brand new building any day!) The Mayflower parents were very active & involved...lots of activities, field trips and new educational materials because of the parent's support. It's just a wonderful school.
Great teachers, wonderful circumstances, awesome caricurums, classes devided by the age, play outside everyday, and more and more...everything is the best you can get around here. What makes this school the best is my kids just love coming to school and hate weekends!
The warm vibe from the teachers and staff is immediately apparent. I feel so comfortable dropping my daughter here and have complete confidence that she is getting Kindergarten ready!